Telehealth Medical Marijuana Appointments
Cannabis telemedicine re-evaluation appointments are now available to existing patients of Releaf Medical!
There’s great news to come and celebrate with us at Releaf Medical, the age of cannabis telemedicine has arrived in Florida and is here to stay! A lot of Floridians are really busy, we work a lot, and we rarely have the desire or even the ability to get away for hours at a time to go to the doctor’s office for a consultation. Thanks to Governor Ron DeSantis, who signed into effect the groundbreaking telehealth bill HB387, residents are enabled to renew their medical marijuana recommendations through a MMJ telemedicine appointment. This amazing and progressive new bill went into effect on July 1, 2023, and while it is a great new way to conduct medical marijuana telehealth evaluations, there are a few requirements and regulations of which to be aware. Releaf Medical has listed the requirements below, but if you want to read an FAQ from the state of Florida please click this link and read the “Telehealth FAQs” section.
Requirements For Cannabis Telemedicine Re-Evaluation Appointments
- Medical marijuana telehealth appointments are ONLY for existing patients of Releaf Medical. Patients MUST have seen one of our marijuana doctors for an in-person evaluation at least one time.
- MMJ telemedicine appointments MUST be done with the SAME marijuana doctor a patient has previously seen at our MMJ clinic.
How To Schedule A Telehealth Medical Marijuana Evaluation
- Call Releaf Medical at 561-778-5323 or 561-954-5323 and speak to an office administrator. A representative at Releaf Medical will pull your patient profile details and be able to view what physician a patient has previously seen at our clinic.
- The Releaf Medical representative will then inform the patient when that specific physician is available for telemedicine medical card appointments.
How Do Medical Marijuana Telehealth Appointments Work
- A Releaf Medical patient care specialist will contact a patient 5-10 minutes prior to the scheduled appointment to review current medical marijuana recommendations, answer any questions the patient may have, and take payment for the MMJ telemedicine appointment. The cost of a medical marijuana telehealth appointment is the same as an in-person evaluation. The Releaf Medical representative will be able to confirm the price on the phone call.
- The patient will then be sent a text message or email with a hyperlink to click on. The patient will simply click on this link, type in their first name, select “Allow Access” for both camera and microphone. The patient will then be taken to a HIPPA secure video chat room with the doctor for a cannabis telemedicine evaluation.
- After the patient has finished their telehealth medical marijuana appointment they are done. Medical marijuana recommendations will be applied to the patient’s profile on the MMUR for 210 days.
- The patient will be sent a receipt for the cannabis telemedicine appointment via email and that email will contain the date and time of the patient’s next appointment. Releaf Medical will always notify patients of their upcoming appointments via phone call and emails.
If patients have any questions in regards to telehealth medical marijuana appointments please contact Releaf Medical at 561-778-5323 or 561-954-5323.
Telemedicine Medical Card Steps
Since June of 2017, medical marijuana has been a novel, effective, and legal way to address a number of health conditions. As the COVID-19 pandemic hit, it became imperative to be able to give medical assistance whenever possible through telemedicine, and medical marijuana was an easy decision to include in the world of telehealth. As the pandemic subdued, patients were still eager to conduct their business whenever possible from the comfort of their own homes. For someone who is new to the world of medical marijuana in Florida, there are important eligibility requirements and steps to follow.
- Consult a Qualified Medical Marijuana Physician: The first step in the process is to consult with a physician who is registered with the OMMU. If it is the first time getting a consultation, or if the patient is changing doctors, it will have to be in person. Don’t worry, Releaf Medical makes it as painless as possible. During this consultation, our physician will determine whether you have a qualifying medical condition and if medical marijuana is a suitable treatment option for you.
- Marijuana Physician Certification: If the physician determines that you are eligible for medical marijuana, they will enter your information into the Medical Marijuana Use Registry, a secure, electronic database accessible to law enforcement, qualified physicians, and approved Medical Marijuana Treatment Centers (MMTCs).
- Apply for a Registry Identification Card: After being entered into the Registry, you can apply for a Medical Marijuana Use Registry Identification Card. This involves completing an application form and paying a fee. You’ll also need to provide proof of Florida residency and other required documentation. Don’t worry, because Releaf Medical walks patients through the entire process.
- Application Review: Once the application is submitted, the OMMU will review it. If the application is approved, the applicant will receive a temporary Medical Marijuana Use Registry Identification Card via email, which can be used to purchase medical marijuana from a licensed MMTC while waiting for the physical card to arrive. Florida now offers Same Day Approval for permanent residents with a valid Florida drivers license!
- Purchase Medical Marijuana: With a valid card, you can visit a licensed MMTC to purchase medical marijuana.
- Ongoing Care: Regular follow up appointments in person or through telemedicine are required every 210 days or 7 months in order to be able to consistently purchase and maintain active status in the Medical Marijuana Use Registry. Using the new MMJ telemedicine feature can help avoid any lapses in purchase ability due to a busy schedule.
Correct, MMJ Telemedicine Is Only For Re-Certifications
While medical marijuana telehealth is restricted to renewals, this convenience should not be overlooked. A medical marijuana card can have varying prices for different lengths of time. A renewal can last anywhere from 60 days to the maximum of 7 months, and the price will usually slide along the scale for the length, but always ask your marijuana doctor how long your renewal is valid. This new telehealth for medical marijuana is a convenient, time-saving, and safe manner to keep up with your marijuana recommendations.
Remember, transferring your marijuana physician requires an in-person consultation, so make sure to make Releaf Medical your first consultation. If we weren’t your first physician and you want to come to our MMJ clinic, we will make it easy for you and will happily set up an appointment quickly with you.